How to Fix Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0x80096004
Windows 10/11 update Error Code 0x80096004 is an that occurs in the Windows operating system. Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80096004 generally indicates a problem with the digital signature of a file or application.
A digital signature is a unique code 0x80096004 that verifies the authenticity of a file or application. When Windows is unable to verify the digital signature of a file or application, this Windows 11 Update Error Code 0x80096004 is generated, stopping the file or application from being installed or executed.
Causes of windows 10/11 update Error Code 0x80096004
- One possible cause is corrupted or missing system files.
- Still, this can help Windows from verifying digital signatures, If important system files are corrupted or missing.
- Another possible cause is malware or virus infections.
- Malware or virus infections can modify system files, which can cause issues with digital signatures.
- Also, Third- party security software can interfere with Windows ’ ability to verify digital signatures.
To resolve this windows 10 error code 0X80096004 follow the below ways
Step1 – There are several troubleshooting way you can try to fix windows 11 Error Code 0x80096004
- Open to control panel
- Select to the Troubleshooting option.
- Select System and Security option “ fix problems with Windows update “.
- Tap to the Next button and let this Troubleshooter auto- resolve any errors.
- Generally, this will fix the underlying cause and will report the same. renew your PC and this error 0x80096004 should disappear after the coming login.
- First, run a virus scan using a estimable antivirus program to scan your system for malware or viruses. However, remove them, If any are set up.
Step 2 – Run SFC and DISM Scan
You can also perform a system file check using the System file Checker tool to scan for and replace any corrupted or missing system files.
- Press the “ Window R ” keys inclusively to open the Run box,
- Right then type in “ cmd ” and press “ Ctrl Shift Enter ” keys inclusively on your keyboard to open cmd with the admin permissions.
- Then type in the given instructions and also press “ Enter ” after each
- renew your PC latterly and see if the error is answered or not.
- DISM/ Online/ Cleanup- Image/ CheckHealth
- DISM/ Online/ Cleanup- Image/ ScanHealth
- DISM/ Online/ Cleanup- Image/ RestoreHealth
Step 3 – Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
Temporarily disabling any third- party security software that may be interfering with Windows ability to verify digital signatures can also help resolve the issue.
- Press the “ Window S ” keys inclusively to open the search prompt, right then enter in “ Windows Security ” and press “ Enter ” on your keyboard.
- In the following window pick out “ Virus & protection ” and also click on on “ Manage settings ” Inside Virus & hazard safety settings.
- In the subsequent window flip “ OFF ” all the preferences and see if the difficulty takes place or not.
- Still, also in the “ Notification Bar ” discover it, right- click on it and pick out “ Disable ”, If you’re the operation of a third- party app.
- Now, press the “ Window S ” keys together, type “ Windows Defender Firewall ” in the search bar, and press “ Enter ” on your keyboard.
- In the pop- up window pick out “ Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off ” from the left menu pane and also pick out the choice “ Turn off Windows Defender Firewall ” for each Public and Private community settings.
Step 4 – Re – registercrypt32.dll file
Tore-register thecrypt32.dll file, follow these way
- Click on the “ launch ” menu and elect “ Run ”.
- Type “ cmd ” in the Run dialog box and click “ OK ” to open the command prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type “ regsvr32/ ucrypt32.dll ” and press Enter. This will unregister the DLL file.
- Next, type “ regsvr32crypt32.dll ” and press Enter to re-register the DLL file.
- Stay for the message box to confirm that the file has been successfully registered.
- Close the command prompt window.
Note: You need to have executive boons to perform these steps. However, you may need to reinstall the software that uses it or seek farther backing, If the problem persists indeed after re-registering the DLL file.
Eventually, make sure you have the rearmost Windows 10/11 updates installed, as these can contain fixes for given issues.
- Install the update now,
- elect Start Button> Settings> To Update & Security> Windows Update, and also choose Check for updates.
Still, you may need to seek farther help from our Microsoft chat support team, If none of these way resolve the issue windows 10 update Error Code 0x80096004. Overall, it’s important to address this Windows Update Error Code 0x80096004 as soon as possible to help farther issues with the functioning of your Windows operating system. visit for more information
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.