Get Solutions For Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0x80246008
The windows 10/11 update error code 0x80246008 is generally associated with Windows Update. This Windows 10 Update Error 0x80246008 occurs when the Windows Update service is unable to connect to the update servers or when there are problems with the update files on the system.
Reasons why you might be encountering this windows 10 update error 0x80246008
- Internet connectivity issues: The Windows Update service requires a stable internet connection to download and install windows 10/11 updates. If your net connection is unstable or weak this error can be encounters.
- Antivirus software: Some antivirus software may block the Windows Update service from connecting to the update servers. However, try temporarily disabling it and also checking for updates, If you have antivirus software installed on your system.
- Corrupt update files: If the update files on your system are corrupt, the Windows Update service may not be suitable to install them. In this case, you may need to cancel the being update files and also try downloading them again.
- Windows Update service issues: If the Windows Update service isn’t running rightly, you may encounter this error. You can try resuming the Windows Update service or running the Windows Update troubleshooter to fix any issues with the service.
Then are some ways you can try to fix the windows 11 update error 0x80246008
Check your internet connection
Insure that you have a stable internet connection and that there are no issues with your network.
Disable antivirus software to fix Windows 10/11 Update Error 0x80246008
Temporarily disable your antivirus software and also try checking for windows 11 updates.
- Click on the Windows icon on your desktop to open the launch menu.
- Search for the “ Security ” or “ Windows Security ” in the search bar and open it.
- Click on to “ Virus & threat protection. ”
- Under this “ Virus & threat protection settings, ” click on “ Manage settings. ”
- Turn off or switch off the “ Real- time protection ” by toggling the switch to the off position.
Note: Solution ways may vary slightly depending on the version of Windows and the specific antivirus software you’re using. After completing the task that requires disabling the antivirus software, make sure to re-enable it to keep your system secure.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Press to the Windows key I to view or open to the settings app.
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Troubleshoot
- Select Windows 11 Update and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the given prompts to complete the troubleshooting process
Renew the Windows Update Service to fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80246008
- Press to Windows key R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in “services.msc ” and press Enter.
- Scroll down to find the Windows Update service.
- Right- click on it and elect Properties.
- Click on the Stop button to stop the service.
- Stay for a many seconds, also click on to the launch button to renew the service.
- Close all the Services window and check if the issue Windows Update Error Code 0x80246008 is resolved or not.
Clear the Windows Update cache
- Press to the Windows key R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in “ cmd ” and press Ctrl Shift Enter to open the Command Prompt as director.
- Type in the following commands, pressing Enter after each one net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
- Type in the following command to rename the SoftwareDistribution brochure ren C Windows SoftwareDistributionSoftwareDistribution.old
- Type in the following command to rename the Catroot2 brochure ren C Windows System32 catroot2catroot2.old
- Type in the following commands, pressing Enter after each one net launch wuauserv net launch cryptSvc net launch bits net start msiserver
- Close the Command Prompt and check if the issue is resolved.
Perform a clean boot to fix Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0x80246008
- Press to Windows key R to open Run dialog box.
- Type in “ msconfig ” and press Enter.
- Click on to the Services tab option and check the box next to “ Hide all the Microsoft services ”.
- Click on Disable all.
- Press on the Startup tab option and click on to Open Task Manager
- Disable all initial particulars by right- clicking on them and selecting Disable.
- Close Task Manager and click on OK in the System Configuration window.
- Reboot your computer or system and check if the issue is answered or not.
Still, you may need to reset or reinstall Windos 10 to fix the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80246008, If none of these step’s work.
Still, also we suggest you to choose a Microsoft Team Support from us to help you better, If you have problem in following this styles. I’m sure they will give you the best results to resolve this Windows 11 Update Error Code 0x80246008 fully. visit for more information
Tags: Error 0x80246008, Error Code 0x80246008, update error code 0x80246008, windows 10 update error code 0x80246008, Windows 10/11 Update Error Code 0x80246008, windows 11 update error code 0x80246008, Windows Update Error 0x80246008, Windows Update Error Code 0x80246008
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.